Monday, May 9, 2011

Word Homie

Words, when used properly, can make such a difference. I am always scrambling for the best way to communicate my thoughts, but nothing ever seems to come out right! Thanks to this curse, I have a great appreciation for people who use their words well.

One of my friends pointed out that my use of "cool" was no longer acceptable. According to her, whenever I said "cool," it came across as sarcastic, although it was often complimentary! And then, the whole room of my friends agreed with her. Not cool guys...

I'm just saying, I appreciate a good word every now and again. I love to hear "take care" instead of the "see ya later" that I so casually throw out. Or "lavatory" to replace the typical "bathroom." And also, "certainly" instead of "sure." Oh the little things in life...

Other words I enjoy and use frequently, in no particular order: naughty, dainty, precious, and clever.
The word that I do not like: meal - and I don't know why, I just don't like it.

I hope that everyone says a new, good word today! :)