Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's Time for Me to Fly


"I know it hurts to say goodbye, but it’s time for me to fly.” A little bit of wisdom from the big hair and skin-tight pants clad REO Speedwagon band members. How do those rockers know just how to tell it like it is?  (listen to it here)

Today is my first real day of unemployment. I was laid off from my stuffy corporate job and now I am realizing that being laid off is a lot like being dumped. There is a bit of wallowing in self-pity, but once you get over that, you realize that what you had wasn’t that great anyway. Everything happens for a reason and I am going to move on to a much better job! (Ahem, potential employers, please note my optimism and confidence!)

Although I am not excited about losing my job (and the paycheck that came with it,) I am excited to have some time to myself.  My portfolio is shaping up and I made new business cards! Look forward to more posts and a new paper cut currently in the works....