Sunday, January 15, 2012

Courtesy Replied


The other day I applied for a job online. I skimmed the job description and emailed my cover letter and resume right away and put it on my list of jobs to follow up with. The very next day I got an email saying “thank you for your interest but your qualifications did not match those needed for this position,” and I was happy! You must be thinking that I’ve totally lost my mind, but I haven’t! A large majority of my applications get sent in to a black hole where no one ever emails, calls, answers the phone, or maybe even exist. Just by sending that quick little email, she eliminated a lot of unnecessary following up from unqualified candidates. How not annoying that will be! This company is brilliant, or wait, actually they’re simply courteous. Dear Company, thank you for your prompt rejection letter, I thoroughly appreciated it.