Thursday, November 17, 2011

Road Trip Diaries; Days 4 and 5


Day Four: (11/9/11) I woke up feeling like I didn’t sleep at all, but that didn’t matter, we were back on the road. I took a big spoonful of that pink medicine and hopped into the passenger seat. By this point in the trip and after all that we had been through, we weren’t going to stop for anything – Get Us To Washington!!!

I slept a good portion of the way and we listened to Chelsea Handler’s book on tape, and finally, one day of our trip that doesn’t have something crazy to report. We got to Lauren’s new apartment in Everett and we trucked all of her belongings into her room and sat back and relaxed. We made it. The trucker guys from North Dakota made that luggage carrier look light, but it was indeed, very heavy. After we unpacked a bit, we rewarded ourselves with some hot soup from a little restaurant down the road and I fell asleep at an unusually early hour.

Day Five: (11/10/11) Lauren and I woke up early and showered and headed out on some errands. We then headed to Seattle to see a few sights before she sent me and my food poisoned, pink eyed, lost wallet-ed, pathetic self back to Chicago! I laughed and thought, “She’ll be glad to be rid of me!” The rest of the story remains for Lauren to tell!

This trip, even though we had our rough patches, was really amazing. I am so glad I was able to drive across the country! I saw some of the most beautiful sights in the United States and I cannot wait to find an excuse to go back.